Senior Leader Bullying No Way
- Student Wellbeing
At East Para there are a number of Student Leadership Initiatives. These include School Captains and Ambassadors.
Ambassadors are voted into the role following a nomination process.
These are students elected Year 7 students who represent each of the four School House Teams. East Para Primary School expects its captains to model the RITCHR Values as well as behaving in a courteous manner, engaging in safe play, completing work to the best of their ability, modelling the Dress Code policy including always wearing full school uniform and participating in school events.
These students undertake the following roles
· Co-ordinate the Yard Award procedures and House Points including tallying of points, announcing at assemblies.
· Introduce themselves at the new parents transitional morning tea.
· Co-ordinate and organise their house team sports day events and practices
· Organise term meetings with their house team (eg to discuss yard clean up, dress code and RITCHR values)
· Organise Ballot papers for the next year’s house captains voting and count the votes.
· Meet with the School Counsellor when required.
· Support the collection of student learning survey data R-2
· Write newsletter items as required and or update school web/intranet pages
· Introduce themselves to the school community through a profile article in the school newsletter